Saturday, October 23, 2010

THESE ARE A FEW OF...


My Favorite Things That I Brought With Me
~Hiking boots - now Garden boots
~Bible- providing comfort on a daily basis
~Wide brimmed hat- thanks, Liz!
~Knee High Socks and Leggings- it can get much colder here than I expected! 

My Favorite Things I That I Forgot
~Stocking Hat- thanks for mailing it, Mom!
~Winter Jacket & Long Underwear- who knew?!
~Slippers

My Favorite African Foods
~Fresh Avocados
~Custard and Jello Dessert- yum!
~Boiled tomatoes and onion
~Ouma buttermilk biscuits- served at teatime and delicious when dunked!
~Peanut Butter Toast- nothing exotic here, but so nice to have!
  
My Favorite Foods That I’m Craving
~Macaroni and cheese- probably the longest I’ve gone without eating it, ever!
~Chicken Wild Rice Soup
~Granola bars
~Anything with chocolate

My Least Favorite Experiences
~Having dirty feet
~No napkins after eating most food without silverware- but isn’t that what pants are for, anyway?
~Inconveniencing other people to drive me around
~Waiting for the internet to decide if it will cooperate today- or not

My Most Favorite Experiences
~Saying  ‘Hello’  to people on the street in Zulu- and the look of surprise on their face when they see that a white person can and wants to speak Zulu to them!
~Meeting new people at Sunday worship- and then recognizing their faces again at Circuit events
~Morning Prayer with my family- and the fact that they love to give hugs!

2 comments:

  1. What's your mailing address? Did you give it to me already? A girl's GOT to have chocolate! I can make that happen. :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile :) I miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete