Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE

Okay, so I'm not quite leaving for the Southern Hemisphere yet... but it's getting close! I leave tomorrow morning for a week of orientation in Chicago, and then it's on to South Africa!

I am looking forward to meeting my fellow participants and forming with them the new community of YAGM 2010 and M.U.D.3. (M.U.D. is the name of the YAGM program in South Africa... if you haven't checked out the group blog, there's a link in the sidebar to the right). My country coordinator has also informed me that my supervisor in Carolina "lives with passion and energy in ways that I have not seen during my time in South Africa". Apparently he has a penchant for trying new adventures... sounds like we may get along splendidly!

Also, in case you're wondering, at this point I'm not too worried about logistics, but am hoping to sit back and enjoy the ride (unfortunately I think all of you know that I don't do that very well, but I'm trying!) Besides, if I forgot something it's too late- I don't have any more room in my bags, anyway! (Though I am rather pleased that I managed to fit a years worth of stuff into a backpack, a duffel bag, and a small satchel!)

I'll be checking in when I can, but for now am enjoying what is probably my last view in awhile of the Northern Sky and the Big and Little Dippers...

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the urge to break into song...."Happy trails to you, until we meet again! Happy trails to you, keep smiling until then!"

    We miss you already!

    ReplyDelete